On our site we collect the following:
- Email address
- Mailing address
Information is collected from you when you:
- Request a brochure.
- Sign-up for our email list.
The information collected from you is used in the following ways:
- To fulfill requests for brochures.
- To improve customer service.
- To administer contests, promotions, a survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails.
How do we protect visitor information?
- We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
- We do not use an SSL certificate.
- We only provide articles and information.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
NOTE: Cookies won’t affect the users’ experience.
Third Party Disclosure
We may transfer your non-identifiable information to third parties. We may also transfer your identifiable information, but only to trusted third parties.
Third party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We have enabled Google Adwords on our site.
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By emailing us.
- By calling us.
We allow third party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via in site notification within seven (7) business days
CAN SPAM Act
We collect your email address: to send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
To be accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- We will NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- We will identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- We will include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- We will monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- We will honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- We will give an ‘opt-out’ or ‘unsubscribe’ option.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can:
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
As you browse Visit1000Islands.com, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partners such as AdRoll then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with Visit1000Islands.com. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number. You can visit this page to opt out of AdRoll’s and their partners’ targeted advertising: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices
1000 Islands International Tourism Council
43373 Collins Landing
Alexandria Bay, NY 13640